Thursday 14 April 2022

Alien by Mugler

Photosource: Mugler UK


Sweet, somewhat fruity, strong opening with a very realistic jasmine at the end. A floral, once again. How can it be that florals are so popular that every designer fragrance seems be one?

Though Alien by Mugler isn't the worst floral fragrance, yet again, I could really be without. Alas, I have received so many samples and I love to review fragrances and put into words how I experience them, but I am a little tired of all the negative connotations I have been giving lately. I miss all the praise and admiration I used to have when reviewing my favourite houses and I want to go back to those reviews.

I didn't mean to go off on a tangent, least of all should it be whilst reviewing Alien, but here we are.

~

After I've been through all the designer fragrances in my collection, I'm done. First off, I'm tired of smelling of scents that I don't like for days just to get a proper impression of them. I love fragrances too much and I prefer to smell of the ones I love. Secondly, because my reviews have gone too negative, haven't they?

~

Anywho, Alien is a very realistic jasmine fragrance that I am sure many who appreciate jasmine will like.

I also see that this fragrance has been reformulated, so please bare in mind that I am reviewing the new Alien by Mugler. 

~

I must say that a couple of hours later, after sitting in a garden and enjoying some sun rays, my mood has definitely lightened up. And so has Alien on my skin. Ambery, mild, sweet and delicate. Suddenly the jasmine has become less floral and more sweet, like second skin.

I do understand why this is so loved, but I just cannot enjoy the easiness of designer fragrances. Alien by Mugler is a good fragrance, it really is. I can and will recommend it to those who like scents of this nature, but I will gladly pass on what I have left of my sample decanter to someone I know will enjoy it more.






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig