Thursday 2 June 2022

Sel D'Azur by Yves Rocher

 

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)

With Nouveau Genre and Sable Fauve in my collection, I am excited to try other fragrances from Yves Rocher.
They have changed a lot since I tried them first many years ago.

~

Sel d'Azur has a fresh marine opening with citrus at the top. Soon the fragrance loses its airiness and becomes a citrus aromatic. Which citrus? Do not ask me, Sel d'Azur is one of those fragrances where the notes are undefinable.

~

According to Fragrantica, the top note is grapefruit, at the middle is Virginian cedar and at the base, Haitian vetiver. Do I smell cedar in particular? No. Maybe vetiver? No, not really. The fragrance is just an accord of freshness, citrus, slight aromatic and woody notes.

I sprayed some more and now I get the grapefruit, but it is fleeting. Sel d'Azur alludes to summer, it really is a fresh and beachy scent, I just wish it had more power. The longevity is poor and the sillage very intimate. 

~

If I could be very critical, I would wish for a more juicy grapefruit and a more prominent vetiver or cedar, one or the other would suit me fine, I just need a fragrance to be more charismatic than this.

Do not get me wrong, it is nice, but it's lack of charm is what makes this fragrance nothing more than "nice".







Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig