Monday 8 August 2022

Valkyrie by Sylvaine Delacourte


Sylvaine Delacourte perfumes have been on my radar for a hot minute. They've been on my feed and all I needed to hear was "vanilla", I was sold immediately. Finally, I had the opportunity to smell these amazing scents, because I found them at Perfumeria Impressium in Warsaw by chance.

~

You know how much I love vanilla and you know how much I love citrus, naturally, I got my hands on Valkyrie.

~

Valkyrie opens with a zesty and fruity lemon, yum! But soon vanilla reaches my nose too, and an interesting note like that of sandalwood, smoke or even burned wood. The note is sour, contrasting the delicacy of citrus and vanilla. Valkyrie is like its name, something to be feared!

After dry down, the sandalwood calms down and the three most prominent notes are in an equal balance. A unity of citrus, vanilla and sandalwood. 
However, that doesn't remain so very long...
If you are looking for a citrus vanilla, like that of Davana & Vanille Bourbon by 100Bon, this isn't it. On me, Valkyrie becomes a solid sandalwood fragrance, with just a sweet touch of vanilla in the background.
It's beautiful and I imagine many being seduced by it if they are lovers of these notes. I am too, but I like my fragrances with a little bit more personality these days. Especially after visiting Sense Dubai and smelling amazing and mesmerising scents of ridiculous quality.

~

In the evening, ten hours or so after applying, Valkyrie is a wonderful pure vanilla fragrance, that I must admit. And to my surprise! I thought the sandalwood would have it's last say, but vanilla perseveres. 





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig