Wednesday 31 August 2022

Pluie de Soleil by Phaedon



I went to Perfumeria Impressium on my tour-de-Warsaw-perfumes, but I got there quite late, ten minutes before they were closing. I know myself how irritating it is to have customers just before closing hours, so I was frantically smelling and trying to decide which fragrance samples to purchase. Key word is "trying", because I had no clue which fragrances I ended up taking with me when walking out the store.
One of them was Pluie de Soleil by Phaedon, which was recommended to me by the seller. I don't know why, but after trying Lamar by Kajal I was on a pineapple mission! Mile High by Parle Moi de Parfum failed me, others I tried where too synthetic, but apparently Pluie de Soleil was acceptable since I got it. Who knows, I was in a frantic haze!

~

Pluie de Soleil is sweet and summery at the opening. No specific notes come to mind, however. The fragrance is fruity in a somewhat tropical way and I get a hint of something floral.
The notes in Pluie de Soleil are in fact pineapple, strawberry, Amalfi lemon, freesia, musk, sandalwood and bergamot. I get the mixture of pineapple and strawberry, but it is quite synthetic on my skin. After trying Lamar from Kajal, no pineapple seems to compare!
Pluie de Soleil is in quality more like a designer fragrance, if it stood next to Juicy Couture, I wouldn't be surprised.

The fragrance is also very fleeting on my skin. Three big sprays, but already after dry down, it is very hard to detect.

Fruity fragrances do not have to be juvenile, yet Pluie de Soleil is. Even after dry down, when the musk is more prevalent, the scent is an early twenties fragrance at best. What a shame. I love the bottle and the thought of a pineapple fragrance in my collection, but unfortunately Pluie de Soleil is a miss.





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig