Monday 5 September 2022

Rahaba by Anfas Perfumes




When at Sense Dubai, I was like a kid in a candy store. The talented Nina found my dream perfume, Taj, but I also tried so many other fragrances that made me fall head over heels in love with Dubai fragrances.

After my third (!!!) visit there, on my trip to Warsaw, I got a sample of Rahaba too. Yet another pineapple fragrance on my quest to find the perfect one (even though I think Lamar by Kajal is thee peak pineapple fragrance). 

~

Bear in mind that in Warsaw it was hot and the oriental fragrances were in their right element. I had to try this fragrance a couple of times before making my opinion and I have to say that in the Danish summer, which isn't as hot as the Polish ones, the fragrances do not unfold like they rightfully should.

~

Now to the review.
Just after taking the cap off my sample decanter, I can already smell the fruity, sweet, vanilla that is Rahaba.

Sweet, syrupy yet elusive pineapple, Rahaba opens very sticky, but with a charm. Powderiness from the orris, but surprisingly no rose, even though it has both damask and Grasse. On paper, Rahaba is a powdery sweet fragrance.

On skin, the opening notes are surprisingly without any trace of pineapple. This will sound insulting, but the fragrance has a very Zara perfume vibe - powdery sweet with that signature Zara baseline. Rahaba, when sniffed from the decanter, is fruity and fresh, more so than Taj, but on skin, I get orris and heavy sweetness.
I get a slight hint of gin, but it is handsomely decorated with sappy sweetness that is on the verge of giving me a headache.

After dry down, Rahaba is quite disappointing, unfortunately, the scent seemed promising, but luckily, I won't have to choose between this and Taj. No questions asked, Taj is still thee fragrance.





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig