Wednesday 14 September 2022

Emporio Armani Stronger With YOU Absolutely by Giorgio Armani


Yet again, I have come home with a fragrance targeted towards men. My luck with female targeted designer fragrances has been a complete flop, but once again I have been smitten by an homme fragrance.

~

The YOU series has something about it that has me smelling the paper strip a little longer than usual before passing it to a customer. When it came to trying Absolutely, that was it, I just had to try it on my skin. Absolutely is rich, warm, spicy and a somewhat more balsamic and alcoholic version of By The Fireplace by Replica.

Now I do apologise to any rum lovers, but I dislike the taste and do not get the same 'dislike' when smelling Absolutely. Absolutely has a more spiced liquor scent to it rather than the potent and harsh smell of rum. 
Sweet, but not too much, balancing on the edge of unisex, 
Absolutely is just delicious.

~

On skin, Absolutely is dominated more by the liquor note than it was on the paper strip. It is boozier, but also lighter. I get the hint of bergamot and the aromatic element of lavender without the characteristic scent of lavender. It is actually less sweet and less leaning towards a unisex scent than it was on paper, which is different. Usually fragrances become sweeter on me.

~

After dry down, the bergamot has gone, the same goes for the lavender. YOU Absolutely has become more smokey and masculine in an endearing way. 
I am so smitten by this!

YOU Absolutely also becomes a little nutty, it is really endearing. It might have reminded me of By The Fireplace and be similar to Memoirs of A Trespasser, but it is somehow different enough to become a part of the collection... Should I?





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig