Monday 12 September 2022

Libre Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent


Just like Gucci Mémoire d’une Odeur, Libre is so eye catching that I have given both perfumes more chances than I should. I would love to have the two in my collection just because of how they look, but I haven't. I think myself more sensible than that.

Last week I was at a YSL-Prada-Armani event and it was announced that Libre has now been decorated with saffron. Immediately I perked up wishing and hoping that this time, I will like it.
Let me preface by saying that both the eau de toilette and eau de parfum are not to my liking, at all, so my hopes weren't too high, but as soon as I tried Libre Le Parfum on a paper strip, I knew that this one stands a chance.

~

On paper, Libre Le Parfum is an airy amber fragrance. I get the fruity mandarin, but not so much the ginger, which is supposed to be a top note. I do not get the lavender either. On paper, Libre Le Parfum is light, fresh and what I would call a mildly fruity fragrance. After dry down, the scent hasn't changed all that much, so I'm curious how it will perform on skin.

~

On skin, I get a fresh and juicy bergamot and soon a sweetness of honey appears too. A slight spiciness from the ginger. Libre Le Parfum is quite different on skin than it was on paper. 
The fragrance remains mostly the same after dry down, a lightly spicy and warm fragrance.

After complete oxidation, Libre Le Parfum is still very light an airy, it never becomes a deep and rich fragrance. I wouldn't call it soapy, but it has the same light and airy quality as soap fragrances do. Due to the citrusy opening and this lightness that the fragrance has throughout, this is a perfect early spring and autumn fragrance. I wouldn't necessarily find it suitable for winter, it is just too light.

Unfortunately, Libre Le Parfum isn't as deep and spicy as I would have liked it to be, but fortunately I do like it as a transitional fragrance for the seasons. I am so pleased with that, because for a good bargain, I would actually buy and wear this from time to time and FINALLY have this beauty of a bottle in my collection. 






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig