Wednesday 7 September 2022

La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique by Yves Saint Laurent



Lately, I have been advising many men in fragrances, unfortunately, it isn't men with an interest in fragrances, but those who just search for "a good fragrance". To each their own, but it hurts my soul when I sell the umpteenth Acqua di Gio, Code or Boss Bottled, once in a while Chanel Blue... I understand, to the general male, those fragrances are good and good enough, but to a scent obsessed person like myself I scream inside that there are SO many other fragrances to try!

Now, my options are small too, the most 'exotic' choice my customers have is Oud Wood by Tom Ford. 
In short, I have the regular Boss fragrances, Montblanc, Calvin Klein, Armani (no Prive), Paco Rabanne and so on and so forth, at hand, so when I smelled La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique by Yves Saint Laurent for the first time, it was as if I had woken up from a slumberous haze.

~

Spicy, warm, seductive, DIFFERENT (from the other options on the shelves), I tell you that every time a guy says "I like a little spice, something different than X, Y and Z" I reach for Bleu. However, my success in convincing them is very low, usually they end up buying their classic, One Million...

So, if not them, than me! Bleu Électrique is so memorable and just calls my name every time I pass it that I chose to get a sample for myself. And I really hope my boyfriend loves it too, so he can wear it!

~

As I only know it from a paper strip, let's start there.
Now, you know my stance on designer fragrances and Bleu has the same DNA, BUT the warm aromatic spiciness is to die for. It is somehow so masculine and not for the faint of heart, but at the same time very unisex. It's sweet too, I absolutely adore it.

~

On my skin, the sweet cardamom is much more prominent and definable. I get a hint, a teeny tiny one, of marzipan too. So faint that it's almost more of an almondy note. After dry down, it reminds me of some fragrance that I cannot for the life of me pinpoint which, but it is a niche one.

~

After complete oxidation, I get a hint of play doe. I must say that my enthusiasm has dwindled. Bleu is still good, but I've gotten a slight headache from it. It's very powerful and I have to give this one a couple of goes before I make my full opinion.




Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig