Thursday 25 August 2022

Gucci Flora Gorgeous Jasmine by Gucci



 
Despite not liking the fragrances from Gucci I have tried as of yet, I have always been circling around Gucci Flora Gorgeous Gardenia. Something about it spoke to me, but I only tried it quickly and with a small spray on the wrist. It was nice, but I wasn't enamored. Then, suddenly, Gorgeous Jasmine was launched and something about the two bottles called my name, so I tried it on a paper strip and I just had to try it properly!

~

  Initially quite sweet and of course, floral. Somewhat soapy, which I didn't expect when trying it on a paper strip.
I would have loved the juicy fruitiness of mandarin, which is listed in the composition, but it is nowhere to be found.

After dry down, Gorgeous Jasmine becomes quite powdery.
And alas, it is boring. Absolutely boring, like any other Gucci fragrance I have tried...

~

It's been a while since I've reviewed a fragrance based on the scent on a paper strip, hasn't it?
So, because of the difference, I've sprayed generously on a paper strip and let me tell you, the mandarin is detectable even from afar!
I sprayed the test strip and layed it to evaporate the alcohol, just in arms reach, I could smell the fruity mandarin. After dry down, it is much milder and up close, Gorgeous Jasmine is a fruity and juicy floral! This is what made me so intrigued in the first place, the charming fruitiness with the mild floral in the back. On skin, however, Gorgeous Jasmine is nothing gorgeous, just a floral simpleton.
So simple and generic that I'm struggling to describe it, whereas on paper many words come to mind; fruity, fresh, feminine, delicate, perfect for summer, and even spring, a little peachy, reminding me of The Scent by Boss, I could go on. 

Once again, I must admit that designer fragrances aren't for me.





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig