Monday 29 August 2022

Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford




You know my stance on Tom Ford fragrances, but for some reason I cannot seem to stay away, because his fragrances are that good. When smelled from the bottle, that is. On skin, it's a whole 'nother story.
This summer, I seem to have been on a tropical hunt chasing pineapple scents and those reminiscent of exotic coastlines. Naturally, I was interested in Eau de Soleil Blanc.

~

Eau de Soleil Blanc has a huge composition of notes, on Fragrantica, and I'm not even going to try to write them all down, but all I need to know is this: citrus, coconut, petitgrain, vanilla, benzoin, tonka and amber... I'm sold.

So how is Eau de Soleil Blanc?

~

A powerful citrus burst at first spray! Yum! Soon after, I smell the white florals, the coconut, the sunshine, the tropical island.
Tom Ford has a way of luring you in, but will this fragrance last at all?

In all honesty, Eau de Soleil Blanc reminds me of Unforsaken by Kerosene, which is on my wishlist. It's been almost a year since I've smelled it, so I'm not completely sure, but I keep revisiting my old review, because I remember it making a big impression on me. 

Eau de Soleil Blanc might be a more generic version of Unforsaken, a more digestible one. I keep getting hints of tiaré, which is probably the white florals in combination with the coconut. After dry down, there's something Monoï by Yves Rocher about it too... What I thought would be a unique fragrance is actually not that special at all, it seems.

Eau de Soleil Blanc is also more soapy than the other two, but I wore it on a 7 hour shift and I am pleasantly surprised how long I could smell it on me and taking my jacket on at the end of the day, I got full whiffs of it. Never thought that would be possible with a Tom Ford!

That being said, if I had the money to spend, I might have added it to my collection, but my thoughts (and nose) is fully mesmerised by Taj by Yas perfumes and Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford seems to fade in comparison...





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig