Thursday 29 June 2023

L'Ombre Des Merveilles by Hermès

 


I will pre-preface that I wrote the entire review and it got deleted, so this one isn't as good as the original and I was just not having it before I even started.

I will also preface by saying that this might not be the best season to review L'Ombre Des Merveilles. When I first heard of it, Monika Cioch talked about it around autumn or winter. As far as I recall, she also prefers this scent during the colder months. However, you know my spiel of being behind on reviews and I actually did receive this during winter, but alas, a summertime review it is!

Luckily, after weeks of sun and high temperatures, today is colder and rainy. So L'Ombre Des Merveilles might get a fairer chance. 

I remember when I first swatched this on paper that it smelled like Coca-Cola. Sweet, fizzy and caramelly.
On skin, however, there is the reminiscent note of Cola, but it is mostly the tea note that I get. L'Ombre Des Merveilles is very surprising. It is simple, but it doesn't remind me of anything that I have smelled before. And is perfectly unisex. Nothing is too feminine, nor is it rough around the edges to become masculine. It is somehow delicate even though I doused myself in it. Because my review got deleted, I mostly remember it being stronger with tea and with a note of incense. Now, completely dried off, I get mostly incense with a tea note in the background. The incense is very mild. Its smoothness reminds me of Santal Austral from Matiere Premiere (if I recall correctly), but the tea note just gives it that sourness, that ompf, that compliments the scent perfectly and makes it stand out.

I keep reaching back to my memory of my prior review, but I cannot recall what I wrote and I am losing momentum reviewing L'Ombre Des Merveilles. This bothers me a lot, because I had only good things to say and I had written how the scent evolves during dry down.
What I can add is that even though I thought this would be an autumn and winter fragrance, I can see myself wearing it all year round!








Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig