Tuesday 20 June 2023

Ylang in Gold Nectar Edt Speciale by M. Micallef

 


You still remember me?
I'm back with a new review... And yes, I promised posting reviews from over half a year ago (!), but yet again, fate had other plans for me.

For weeks the weather has been absolutely divine. Sunny and warm. 

Looking out on my balcony, I saw a beautiful shade made by my tomato plants and suddenly I envisioned the gold petals on Ylang in Gold Nectar in that sunlight, so I ran to get it, snapped a photo and thought, it is time to review it too!
Honestly, I have acquired about ten new fragrances since my last review, but I don't feel inspired to do "new in" posts. Bear with me as I find my way back to reviewing fragrances regularly.


The weather screams summer fragrances, which is why I have been reaching for Ylang in Gold Nectar.

Initially, there's a delicate top note that is fresh, citrusy, light hearted and feminine. It is accompanied by some creamy and warm notes from ylang-ylang. Ylang in Gold Nectar is purely a feminine goddess-like fragrance that transports you to a tropical island! Your skin is sunkissed and slightly dewy from the heat. You are wearing a white linen dress walking through a passage with tropical plants and just at the horizon, you see the ocean, blue like you have never believed possible.

I smell hints of sandalwood that only support the fragrance rather than define it. Though Ylang in Gold Nectar is tropical, I oddly do not smell coconuts. It is the warmth, heat and sensuality of Ylang in Gold Nectar that makes it tropical to me.


This perfume is impossible to dislike, but I have to be in the mood to wear it. It is heavy, but not cloying, whereas I usually prefer my sappy fragrances with a lasting note of citrus or something tangy (think lemon in Unknown Pleasures, citruses in Davana & Vanille Bourbon, pineapple in Lamar). Though I rarely layer my fragrances, Ylang in Gold Nectar it perfect to do so, because of how versatile it is. It has a beautiful base and depth that stands on its own, but can also add a divine depth to another fragrance.






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig