Wednesday 5 July 2023

Mémoire d'Une Odeur by Gucci



Mémoire d'Une Odeur has been my Achilles heel in regards to reason. I have swarmed around this fragrance like a bee to a pollen-filled flower. The bottle is so insanely captivating, but the juice always made my nose scrunch up.

I was so lucky to have been gifted this beauty and finally had the chance to give it a proper go. I know I have been gone for too long yet again, but here I am and I hope you'll welcome me back.

Mémoire d'Une Odeur is quite difficult to describe. It is minty, green, herbal, yet light and airy. I recently tried and reviewed Matcha Meditation by Replica and my nose is therefore picking up some matcha in Mémoire d'Une Odeur too. After dry down, the scent becomes surprisingly unpleasant. Something plasticy appears and dominates it entirely. 
Oh no, this is not how it's supposed to go! 

I was expecting a fragrance that was too green and chamomile-based for my liking, but I'm getting a synthetic nightmare on my skin. It lingers like that for a long while and I was about to wash it off, but didn't, because I'm not going anywhere and want to give it a proper go. And this is how it went.

An hour in and the plastic note is gone, luckily, but the longevity of Mémoire d'Une Odeur is short lived too. Just close to skin, I get a faint chamomile and an airy jasmine. It is herbal and not too sweet, it is well balanced in that aspect, but it is not for me. What a hassle just to arrive to a lukewarm ending.

The only thing I do enjoy about Mémoire d'Une Odeur, is the absolute divine bottle. Though the juice inside was even worse than I expected, I will display it as an artwork in my collection. Proudly.






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig