Friday 7 July 2023

Métallique by Tom Ford

Months ago, I was gifted many Tom Ford fragrances. One of them was Métallique.

By just taking the cap off, I could smell vanilla, but also an unquestionable note of something metallic. The note is so unique and realistic that it is more of a sensation. Like having bitten your lip and tasting the metallic taste of blood in your mouth.

Métallique is very unique and I dislike and like it at the same time. I honestly cannot have enough vanilla fragrances, but even though Métallique is largely based on vanilla, it is so unique that I wouldn't consider it a vanilla fragrance. 

Upon first spray, Métallique opens with a fresh citrus note of bergamot. I do love my citrus vanillas, but a note of something green keeps Métallique a freshy rather than a sweet gourmand. The green note is strongly meddled with heliotrope making the fragrance lightly floral and powdery.
On skin, vanilla isn't as prominent as it is from the bottle. Sharp citrus is the main accord along with aldehydes. The vanilla on skin is very dry and solely serves the purpose of grounding Métallique, so that it doesn't become a classic aromatic, green, cologne like fragrance. The dry vanilla is honestly the only thing that makes Métallique unisex, whereas without, it would have been leaning masculine.

I have to give this another go, but I feel a slight headache creeping in. I don't usually have headaches, they are always a result of a fragrance too strong for my liking. 

The metallic note isn't as prominent on skin as it is from the bottle, which is prefered. I cannot imagine how it would smell if it lasted on skin and how I would feel about it. Smelling as cold and sterile as metal does. 

I am honestly unsure whether I will reach for this fragrance. It is a citrus, yes, it has vanilla, which I love, and absolutely adore together, but it is done in such a way that I don't feel completely comfortable about it. However, after complete dry down, an hour or so later, Métallique is calm, delicate and a mellow version of what it was before. I would still describe it as a dry vanilla, but it is delicately floral, aldehydic, slightly powdery. You know what? An actual treat!






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig