Wednesday 4 October 2023

The Bewitching Yasmine by Penhaligon's



From the first spray, I am getting MFK-esque vibes. Think Oud Satin Mood. 
Rich, deep, spicy. Not for the faint of heart!
This is the perfect season to give The Bewitching Yasmine a go - an oudy, spicy fragrance with just the right amount of sweetness, so it doesn't become too cloying.

The fragrance reminds me so much of a scent I have already tried and reviewed, but I cannot remember which. I still keep thinking of Oud Satin Mood from MFK, but Yasmine is without any notes of rose.
The cardamom is at the forefront and is absolutely delicious, I get smokiness from the incense and just the right amount of creaminess and note of gourmand with the vanilla. I cannot wait to try this on my skin!

Beautiful, but like Oud Satin Mood, I feel overpowered by this kind of scent. I absolutely adore Woody Vanillas, I feel so empowered when wearing By the Fireplace or Memoirs of a Trespasser, but something about Yasmine is heavy, and maybe too much so.
After the initial dry down, she reminds me of Sweetly Known by Kerosene. It's the same, gorgeous cardamom, just lighter. Kerosene does NOT play when it comes to the performance of their fragrances.

After complete oxidation, Yasmine is a wonderfully soft cardamom scent. Not as strong and boozy as Sweetly Known. And not as strong as previously presumed by the first sprays. Gone is the MFK impression. It is, however, a 'would like to have' and neither a need or want to have. Were it to be in my collection, I would definitely wear it in autumn and winter, but I find it to have a poor projection for the price tag. The longevity is good, I could smell it, close to skin, six hours later.

Yasmine is really nice and cozy, I would definitely wear it again, but will satiate my appetite for Woody Vanillas with BTF an MOAT. Though a good sale would have me thinking of it...





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig