Sunday 29 October 2023

Blackberry Lily by The 7 Virtues



Blackberry Lily might be the most difficult for me in the set. It has blackberry, yum, but also potentially artificially fruity. And it has lily in it, white floral. I don't think I need to say more to those who read my reviews regularly.

In short, I am hoping for the caramel, amber and vetiver, but I might get the lily, rose, magnolia and lily of the valley.

So how does Blackberry Lily smell like? Well, on paper I get a jammy, sweet note of blackberry and blackcurrant. It is quite juvenile. Think The Body Shop or Victoria's Secret body mist. To my surprise, I don't find the fragrance particularly floral. It is, however, bad. Really not my cup of tea. I read a review that said that the fragrance gets better when you let it marinate. I bought my discovery set second hand, so it should be at its "final stage". 

I'm not too keen on trying it on myself, but let's see how it goes.

Still sweet, but definitely more mature on skin. Note-wise, they are much more difficult to distinguish. Hmm, the scent is more sharp. More alcoholic. It is deeper, more green, but do not misunderstand, it is by no means a green, aromatic or otherwise green-leaning fragrance. Blackberry Lily is still a cloyingly sweet fruity fragrance. On skin, however, something more mature appears.

Honestly, Blackberry Lily is very difficult to describe from its scent on skin. We have moved from the The Body Shop-esque realm to that of Rituals. A more sophisticated, mature and deep take on the fragrance. I like that it has taken that turn, but it is still not a fragrance for me.

Right now, The 7 Virtues seem to be a fragrance house that isn't to my liking.






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig