Sunday 29 October 2023

Lotus Pear by The 7 Virtues


I must admit that nothing about "Lotus Pear" is appealing to me. Lotus evokes something floral and light, whereas pear is a fruity note I'm not necessarily keen on.

Geranium, gardenia and lotus promise a floral fragrance, but I am hopeful that the orange, peach and vanilla power through! So, Lotus Pear, let's get you out of the way!

Lotus Pear is giving me Gucci Flora vibes from the get go! Think Gucci Flora Gorgeous Gardenia. It is sweet, lightly floral and fruity. After dry down, it becomes creamy and I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised. It is, however, on the verge of being headache inducing with its designer-esque sweetness.
Lotus Pear is a very feminine fragrance, just about verging on being juvenile. I have to say that a few minutes in, I have had enough. It is just too sweet.

I am dreading trying it on skin, but let's see, something magical might happen.

On skin, Lotus Pear is a mix of Gucci Flora Gorgeous Gardenia and Hugo Boss the Scent for Her - the peach is definitely there. However, something about Lotus Pears doesn't sit right with me. I think it will appeal to designer fragrance lovers, but it is far too sweet for me.

Lotus Pear might have potential in the spring and summer, so I might revisit it, but right now I cannot wait to get to the woodier fragrances in the set.

We just need to try Blackberry Lily first.






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig