Wednesday 25 October 2023

The Tragedy of Lord George by Penhaligon's




Depending on how unisex I find them, I will only be trying "the boys" from the Portrait Set on paper. Being completely run down by all the florals and finishing off with a doozy, Changing Constance, I am ready to be done with this set.

Lord George is promising something divine. Woodsy notes, brandy, tonka and amber? Sign me up! 
However, on paper, Lord George opens with a much drier and less sweet accord than I initially thought it would be. It is instead spicy, dry and woody. Quite masculine and fairly enough so that I don't feel like wearing it on skin. I will however look forward to spraying this on my partner!
It is an elegant fragrance. Even after dry down, there is a sharp alcoholic note. There's also a distinct soapy note. Imagine someone having freshly showered and who walks into a library full of old books, a leather couch in the middle of the room, and pours himself a glass of rum. All these notes amplified and liquified and put into a fragrance bottle. 
Beautiful.





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig