Sunday 29 October 2023

The Blazing Mr Sam by Penhaligon's



First of, I have learned not to be too excited about the notes in Penhaligon's before trying them (*cough* Changing Constance), however, Mr Sam is promising something very nice! Hot and cold spices, patchouli and creamy cedar... I might even hope that I can try it on skin, but alas, we've been here before...


Just seeing the notes of cardamom, cinnamon, saffron and vanilla makes my mouth water.
So, Mr Sam, on paper... Yes, yes, absolutely yes! Warm and sweet. Masculine, but not far from unisex. After dry down Mr Sam... Dries down! The fragrance is less sweet and more of a spicy, dry perfume. Still very warm and ambery - I absolutely adore it!

Honestly, I cannot stop smelling it. I've been through a couple Penhaligon's fragrances now that I really dislike and my nose finally feels at ease! It is perfect for this season, the spicy cardamom and cinnamon allude to walking down cobblestone streets during Christmas. It is cold, the air is crisp and the small booths filled with Christmas delights like roasted almond fill the air with wonderful spices.





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig