Wednesday 11 October 2023

Changing Constance by Penhaligon's




I am in dire need of a pick me up! We started off so well with the Portraits Set, but I had to go through three florals to get here, to a beloved Amber Vanilla!
Caramel, warm spicy, vanilla, tobacco, salty... What's not to like!

On paper, Changing Constance is giving me Lush fragrance vibes. Simple, not the best quality (sorry, that's the experience I had) and quite frankly, cheap. Constance, why are you doing this to me! We were supposed to finish off big! 

Well, there's nothing else to do than try it on skin. 
From the whole set, I was looking forward to Changing Constance the most, but I am still reminiscing about Yasmine, which was a far more elegant take on cardamom. Constance is weirdly composed, monotonous, linear, boring. Just a sweet blob on the skin. I am so confused and struggling to describe it.
Where's the caramel? The saltiness? The warm spicy notes? To me, this is as monotone as was Grand Soir, Absolute Aphrodisiac and Angel's Share (if I remember correctly on the latter). 
And I stand by my Lush remark. 

I'll give it a minute and reapply.
Nothing's changed. What a snooze.
This could be a great layering fragrance though - it is warm and sweet, perfect base for other fragrances that need some depth or sweetness, but alone? It just doesn't do it for me. I need more nuance in a fragrance, especially the ambery and gourmand kind.

Oh well! The boys are up for testing now, which one should I start with? 





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig