Wednesday 11 October 2023

The Coveted Duchess Rose by Penhaligon's



Y'all know how I feel about rose scents... Alas, it is in the set and I will give it a fair chance.

From the first spray, this is giving me ChloƩ vibes - pure and clean florals, however, a little more mature and a little soapy. Yet again, this is more of a spring scent than for autumn. Though I dislike florals, I have to say Duchess Rose is more inviting to try on my skin than Lady Blanche was.

On skin, Duchess Rose has the same ChloĆ©-esque quality to its florals. Somewhat soapy too. It is quite light and airy for a rose scent. It is in fact a fine fragrance, light, feminine and soft. 
Duchess Rose is so light that I reapplied generously just after it dried down. Even though I was generous to begin with!
In all honesty, the fragrance is barely there. Very personal and only those passing you by or standing next to you, would be able to smell it.

I usually wear a fragrance for some hours and write my final take then, but I completely forgot. Why? Because Duchess Rose is so faint and lasts only a few hours.
I can only smell her close to skin.
What I do smell is a pleasant, light take on a classic rose.





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig