Wednesday 25 October 2023

Terrible Teddy by Penhaligon's


Notes of leather and incense promise something wonderful, but I am side-eyeing the ambroxan. I have a tendency to become anosmic to it, so I hope this won't be the case.

Definitely leathery - Terrible Teddy is spicy at the opening, but I've just sampled Mr Sam and the two have a completely different note of spicy. Mr Sam is a classic, warm, spicy fragrance of cardamom and cinnamon, wheres as Terrible Teddy is a leather fragrance with the sour and spicy (also almost peppery) note of leather. I am not getting the incense to the degree that I'd like. It only smooths the leather a bit.

Have I made a mistake looking up other reviews? Maybe, because I agree with them that Terrible Teddy suddenly became a woody fir fragrance. I now find it woodsy. I wish it had more charm. It is wonderfully made, but I am not blown away. 






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig