Thursday 2 November 2023

Coconut Sun by The 7 Virtues



We are nearing the end and if I had to say upfront how my experience with The 7 Virtues has been, it has definitely been a disappointment. None of the fragrances have made an impression on me, in all honesty, I think quite badly of The 7 Virtues now. Synthetic, cloying, flat... Something just isn't right. You might as well get nicer scents from the Yves Rocher body mists or The Body Shop.

I am, however, oh so hopeful that Coconut Sun and Vanilla Woods will redeem the house of The 7 Virtues.

Coconut Sun promises something milky, creamy and tropically yellow floral. I was imagining Ylang in Gold Nectare or Eau de Soleil Blanc. What I got was a soap bar version of those scents. Coconut Sun has a soapy, fresh note. Not particularly from the citrus note though. Coconut-wise, I do get coconut water instead of coconut milk. The scent is therefore not thick and milky, but light, somewhat fresh, but made tropical and summery by the frangipani and barely there sea salt. This gives me luxurious air-refreshener vibes. Luxurious, because the scent isn't cheap or synthetic enough to be a "Tropical Beach Getaway" candle slash air-refreshener.

In all fairness, Coconut Sun isn't that bad. I just think I have gotten bitter by the disappointing scents I have tried thus far and because Coconut Sun isn't blowing me away. I am giving it a hard time.


I left Coconut Sun last night not wanting to try it on myself. This morning, I am completely surprised how much this scent reminds me of a friend. I had to contact her and ask, if she has this perfume, because the scent is uncanny!

I'm putting off trying it on myself, why? Because I'm tired of smelling badly since testing the scents of The 7 Virtues... 






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig