Wednesday 15 November 2023

God of Fire by Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777



This fragrance has been the talk of the town for a long while. The mango note had me very curious as I'm in a phase of loving sweet tropical notes in perfumes. Also, I finally got my hands on Lamar, another fruity tropical scent, and I feel very satiated by having it, but when the opportunity came, I just couldn't miss it, because a mango fragrance is very appealing to me.


God of Fire opens with a note of unripe mango. It is tart, fresh, not too sweet and it is quite green. Soon after, a light, shy sweetness appears and the fragrance is very appealing, especially with the sunshine outside. I cannot help but compare it to Lamar and the two are very different, in such a way that Lamar is sweet, sensual and mouthwatering. God of Fire, however, is a fresh and uplifting scent. The mango is still quite tart, the lemon uplifts the fragrance even more and the sweet, grounding notes haven't made their entrance yet.
After dry down, I find the mango note quite elusive and I'm unsure whether it's still there or if it's just a memory... Mango Skin from Vilhelm Parfumerie is still fresh in my mind, I have to say that I prefer MS. God of Fire is nice, don't get me wrong, but it is just that, not much else. I find myself completely satiated by Lamar at the moment and God knows I have enough fresh citrus scents in my collection! God of Fire falls short of what I expected. Reviews made me believe it would be the most mouthwatering mango, dripping with juice from the ripe fruit. I was lead to believe that the scent would be absolutely addicting, but I am left feeling underwhelmed. After just an hour, I have trouble detecting the scent, let alone the mango note. I reapplied liberally and find myself comparing God of Fire to scents from The Body Shop or Yves Rocher, both being simple and likeable in their own way, but not mind-blowing or mesmerising.

Luckily, or maybe not, time will tell, I bought two samples of God of Fire, because I was sure it would be amazing. Maybe this is a scent I have to wear a couple of times before I start loving it (like Hibiscus Mahajád), but I am quite sure that the scent has just been overhyped and now suffers the consequences. 





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig