Sunday 19 November 2023

Absolute Aphrodisiac by Initio



Oh, I see what you all mean... Absolute Aphrodisiac came on my radar when I saw Anne Lauren's date night fragrance video. Once again, this girl made me want to blind buy a fragrance, but I restrained myself and waited for the opportunity to get a sample first. It was as if Absolute Aphrodisiac haunted me, because I saw it everywhere and you guys raved about it calling it sex in a perfume. I am not disappointed, but I'm also happy that I didn't buy a full bottle.

Absolute Aphrodisiac is creamy, thick and delicious. It is a cousin to the smoothness of Milk and Gold by Commodity, but without the Commodity plastic-DNA that I experience. On top, the creaminess is made rough and sexual with notes of leather and castoreum. The castoreum isn't repulsively animalic, but it is at just the right amount to make the fragrance sensual. This is a skin scent done right, but it is a true skin scent. After dry down, Absolute Aphrodisiac mostly disappears. It is a lingering scent of amber creaminess and just a tad amount of leather that is slightly peppery, however, if you expected to project a gorgeous vanilla, sweet and musky scent, Absolute Aphrodisiac isn't for you. This is a scent you wear for yourself or for those you invite to be close to you.

I must say that Absolute Aphrodisiac isn't groundbreaking. Besides the two Commodity scents, it reminds me of something else, but I cannot remember which fragrance. I hoped to be in love, but Absolute Aphrodisiac isn't for me, it is too discreet, whereas I like to smell my fragrances and like when they have a prominent note that defines it. 

Something about fragrances like Absolute Aphrodisiac gives me a headache and makes me nauseous. An hour in, and I have had too much. A throbbing headache, yet a relief that I didn't blind buy it too...






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig