Wednesday 15 November 2023

Aoud Lemon Mint by Mancera



Mancera is a fragrance house I have seen all over my feed, but I had never encountered them to smell any of their fragrances. I was just reading your reviews and wondering from the sidelines. I saw that Notino sells Mancera in Denmark, but my bad streak of unsuccessful blind buys had me waiting and wondering.
I was just browsing, when I saw Aoud Lemon Mint at a very low price. At first glance, I didn't think much of it, because the thought of mint didn't appeal to me, but I love oud and I love lemon. The almond, vanilla and nutty accords had me change my mind. And I did it, I blind bought the fragrance and could only hope for the best...
So how did it go?

Aoud Lemon Mint, straight from the bottle, is surprisingly warm and creamy. There's a hint of citrus freshening it up, but on first impression I am sensing a delicious, honestly deep, fragrance. However, the first sprays are very citrus dominant, but something sweet and creamy is tagging along very promptly. After the initial dry down, the scent is balanced between citrus and almond equally. Luckily, I don't get any mint, which isn't stated on Fragrantica and if I recall correctly, The Perfume Guy mentioned that it was a clever play of words being that patchouli is in the mint plant family (patchouli is mentioned in the notes).
Besides what I've mentioned, I am actually finding it difficult to describe. Aoud Lemon Mint is lemony, it is warm and sweet, a little powdery, I get the tiniest hint of vetiver, but the scent remains unisex.
I added more sprays and the citruses came to play once again.

Hours later, Aoud Lemon Mint has remained a lovely citrus with creamy sweetness from almonds. Something sharp, slightly sour, is detectable close to skin, but I'm not sure whether it is the oud or the quality if the lemon though it smell fine from afar.

Theoretically, Aoud Lemon Mint should be just as loved by me as Davana & Vanille Bourbon, both being sweet citruses with the warmth of vanilla/almonds, but I can already tell that Davana & Vanille still has my heart. The vetiver in Aoud Lemon Mint makes it more aromatic than I prefer, whereas the feminine elegance of Davana & Vanille mesmerises me every time.
Though not a complete mistake, Aoud Lemon Mint will find its place on my boyfriend's shelf instead of mine.

PS: would you believe that the flare isn't added? I got the photo just right and caught the sun!







Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig