Wednesday 8 November 2023

Infusion d'Iris by Prada



Lately, I've been acquiring fragrances that I wouldn't necessarily purchase myself, if at all. I have been blessed to be #gifted so many that I am grossly behind on reviewing them and taking photos, but one that really stood out was Infusion d'Iris. Besides the beautiful bottle, many of you have recommended it to me as well. Infusion d'Iris is a powdery fragrance, so I had my doubts, but this is how it went...

On paper, the scent is very mature from the get go. It does have a slight mandarine top note, but the thickness and powderiness of the fragrance makes it far from fresh, but elegant and, how I only can describe it, mature. After dry down, the scent is less thick than it was in the beginning. What is revealed is an elegant, smooth and sophisticated fragrance. It has a slight peppery undertone, but very faint. Perhaps from the benzoin.

On skin, Infusion d'Iris is even more rich in mandarin, which I really like. It gives it a light hearted freshness. After dry down, the mandarin fizzles away, but the scent isn't as powdery and thick as it was on paper. I find it quite difficult to describe. It is powdery, but also so many other things. I would give it a "freshly washed linen" quality, but not as realistic and simple as in Clean fragrances. 

Months later, I am revisiting the fragrance, because I haven't finished my review and... I actually haven't worn it either. Infusion d'Iris is just not me and I have learned to let go. Gone are the days where the collection has to be as big as possible. I really only want to own fragrances that I love.
Goodbye Infusion d'Iris.







Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig