Friday 5 July 2024

Voulez-vous coucher avec Moi by Kilian



So, I only have Voulez-vous coucher avec Moi, Liaisons Dangereuses Typical Me, and Intoxicated left. Looking at the three, I am most excited about Intoxicated, then Liaisons, and Voulez-vous I could be without, so I'll get that one out of the way first.

Voulez-vous coucher avec Moi is a terribly long name to write, so from here on out, it's Voulez.
Voulez has notes of tuberose, gardenia, ylang, mandarin orange, neroli, orange blossom, sandalwood and vanilla. Someone at Kilian really likes florals. But not me. Good Girl Gone Bad was bearable, but this scent opens with something reminiscent of old fragrances. My head immediately went to Tresor by Lancome, an old flanker of something Dior, even something old-schooly like Shalimar (but not the same scent at all). Voulez is DATED. It smells like the perfumes elderly ladies wore when I was a child. That's over 25 years ago.

This isn't Voulez-vous coucher avec Moi, this is "Grandma let me sleep in her spare bedroom filled with dried old flowers". Heavy set amber base, they've used an oil only to make the perfume last, and then macerated all sorts of flowers and made a sticky, floral concoction. I have to wash it off, this has onset a headache.






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig