Tuesday 28 September 2021

Dolls by Moth and Rabbit

Photosource: Lulua.pl


Wauw, very unique opening! The fragrance changes between sugary sweet and floral, and all the florals compete between each other and have a few seconds of spotlight of their own.
I sense ylang ylang, then magnolia, then orange blossom. Ambergris powers through too and gives the fragrance a beautiful animalic undertone. Musk gives the fragrance a wonderful warmth and after a while all the florals fuse together and become an exotic floral garden.

~

What surprises me is that I have tried this perfume before and had a completely different first impression.
I have so many fragrance samples to try that I have only gotten to Dolls by Moth and Rabbit now, but I gave it a little peak in June and had a terrible experience. In short, I called it pungent and the notes indistinguishable. What difference a few months have on your nose! To be fair, I have also become better at liking perfumes I would not consider purchisable or wearable on me.

~

I usually do not like floral fragrances, at all, but Dolls is definitely growing on me. However, after a while, the fragrance gives me a slight headache and is almost too sweet for me to bear. Then it calms down, becomes quite wearable again.
What a rollercoaster of a fragrance!

Hours in and the fragrance is very pleasant and a definite like to have.

~

Top notes are cherry blossom, davana, orange blossom and geranium; middle notes are maple sap, ylang ylang, apple blossom and rose oil; and the base notes are musk, snow, ambergris, cedar and animal notes.

I do not experience any snow element to this fragrance, which is a shame, it sounds very interesting.

~

Dolls by Moth and Rabbit is the first fragrance that I have tried from this house. It was given to me by the perfumery shop Lulua when ordering another fragrance and I am so pleased that they did, because Moth and Rabbit is a niche fragrance house that I will definitely continue exploring.
Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig