Thursday 30 September 2021

Coeur de Noir by BeauFort London

Photosource: Bloom Perfumery on Pinterest

Coeur de Noir is the first fragrance from the niche fragrance house BeauFort London that I have tried. What an experience that was!

I heard about this house's nautical inspiration from the sea, the United Kingdom and everything around the island. The design of the fragrance bottles brought a vision of old ships, shipwrecks, rum and wood burning. Starting off my journey with the fragrance house with Coeur de Noir affirms all my envisioned expectations.

~

Coeur de Noir has a very masculine opening, it must be the most masculine fragrance I have dared to try lately.
It has a very distinct smell of burning wood, leather and fresh tobacco.
The depth of the fragrance, and it is a heavy one, lightens up, but remains masculine, leathery and with a pepper undertone. 
It is damp, wet, and you can almost imagine yourself standing on the ship in the library looking around with no one around except yourself. You look through the papers on the table, spill the ink by mistake. The captain is just around the corner, his tobacco and glass of rum left untouched.

During oxidation, the fragrance becomes more spicy. On paper it is fresher with obvious hints of ginger, but unfortunately I cannot smell it on my skin. I would have loved this fresher element on myself, because it leans too masculine for me without it.

~

An hour in and the fragrance has remained the same, true to its initial notes of leather, smoke and pepper or what might be the note of tobacco.

Three hours in and the fragrance has settled down a lot, it actually becomes very wearable for me and reminds me of Memoirs of a Trespasser by Imaginary Authors.

~

Coeur de Noir is a rich fragrance that has a wonderful depth that I love in fragrances. The note composition is of ink, rum and ginger as top notes; leather and vanilla as middle notes; birch, tobacco and cedar as base notes.

Coeur de Noir is a unisex fragrance, but after trying it I immediately thought of my boyfriend and how wonderfully this fragrance will fit someone masculine.

~

BeauFort London is a fragrance house I will definitely continue revisiting.

Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig