Saturday 2 October 2021

Coffee Break by Maison Margiela

 

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)


Replica by Maison Margiela has always been a fragrance range that I have dreamt of having in my collection. The bottle design, the descriptive fragrance names based on moments in life and the unique scent creations was what made me so enamoured.

At the time that I discovered Replica, I did not yet dare to wear different fragrances rather than the more generic ones. But Coffee Break was the ideal stepping stone to the world of new fragrances.

~

Coffee Break has a sweet and milky opening. It is quite fresh as well, which is a pleasant contrast to the creaminess of the fragrance. I smell flashes of sweet coffee, something green and undertones of herbs.
The opening notes are quite indistinguishable making it difficult to describe the fragrance.

Over time the fragrance deepens. The fresh element disappears completely and you become engulfed in a sweet, creamy cup of coffee. This fragrance is perfect for autumn.
If you are searching for a potent coffee fragrance, this is not it, I would lean towards Follow by Kerosene.
Coffee Break by Maison Margiela is not a strong and realistic coffee fragrance, but rather a creamy, milky, warm drink with hints of herbs and coffee.
This is an ambience fragrance, taking you back to a memory of a cosy visit to a coffee shop, nethertheless, it is a beautiful fragrance.

~

A couple of hours in, the fragrance has fused into a sweet and creamy concoction of the best kind.

~

Top notes of Coffee Break are pepper, orange blossom and patchouli; the middle notes are lavender, coffee, milk, tonka bean, benzoin and cypriol oil; and the base notes are vanilla, cedar and vetiver.
Of all those notes I can only detect milk and tonka as main notes, vanilla and slight coffee in the background. Lastly, I can envision how lavender and orange blossom give the fragrance its fresher more herb element, but all the other notes are not there to me.

~

Coffee Break is one of my favourite fragrances in my collection. It is one that gathers the most compliments when I wear it, which is always nice for a fraghead like myself.

Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig