Saturday 9 October 2021

Mardi Gras by Olympic Orchids

 

Photosource: American Perfumer

I don't know much about the house of Olympic Orchids, but I do know that they make amazing fragrances. I was looking for some animalic notes in a fragrance and Olympic Orchids came on my radar.

The design of the fragrance did not say much, I was actually unsure what was in store for me, but I ordered Mardi Gras hoping it would satisfy my animalic need.
It didn't, but it sure made me want to experience more from this house.

~

Mardi Gras has a very floral opening with a blast of heat and warmth. My first impression is that it has a strong resemblance to Tresor by Lancome. Even though the notes in Tresor are vastly different, Mardi Gras is how I remember Tresor smelling like on the women of my childhood.
It is a quite mature fragrance and in my opinion almost elderly.

Mardi Gras smells like enjoying a spicy and sweet chai in the baking sun of Turkey.
After oxidation, the fragrance becomes less floral and more sweet nestling into your skin. It loses most of its mature quality and becomes a quite sexy, musky fragrance. Very slight hints of incense or benzoin appears making it a deep and wonderful autumn and winter fragrance.

I am honestly at a loss for words, this one is a fragrance you have to try for yourself to understand.

~

The note composition is linear and consists of orange blossom, civet, benzoin, vanilla, neroli, musk and labdanum according to Fragrantica. Rather than focusing on whether those notes appear in Mardi Gras, I am more focused on the impression and vision that this fragrance gives. I am only missing the element of civet.

~

Mardi Gras is a definite want to have in my collection.

Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig