Wednesday 6 October 2021

Blackmail by Kerosene

Photosource: Famehooker on Fragrantica


Kerosene fragrances by John Pegg have become one of my favourite fragrance houses since I started exploring niche perfumes. Unfortunately, where I am from, there isn't any niche perfumery, so I went to my favourite shop online, Lulua, and bought a handful of samples.

What initially was curiosity towards these new mysterious fragrances, quickly became an obsession. My sample collection consists of Blackmail, Unforsaken, Follow, Unknown Pleasures, Santalum Slivers and Walk the Sea. All of them were so unique and special that choosing one of them for my perfume collection was almost impossible.

~

I did not choose Blackmail, but it made such an impression that I had to make it the review first.

Blackmail has a beautiful, deep and smoky opening. There is an immediate scent of burnt wood, but it is balanced perfectly by notes of something sweet, a trio of vanilla, amber and sandalwood.

This fragrance has a note composition resembling a bonfire to a T. However, it is just that, if you like perfumes that oxidise and change over time, this is not for you. Blackmail keeps its profile throughout the whole wear time, it does, however, settle into your skin and fit your chemistry, which will differ from person to person.

This fragrance is a wonderful autumn fragrance, it is almost a richer version of By The Fireplace by Maison Margiela.
There is something mesmerising about smoke fragrances, just like Coeur de Noir, A City on Fire and Jezebel, Blackmail intoxicates your aura.

~

The note composition of Blackmail is smoke, agarwood, berry fruits, vanilla, amber and sandalwood. Of all those notes, I only do not sense berry fruits.
Despite the lack of berries, this is a very wearable fragrance.

~

Kerosene's Blackmail is a definite like to have in my collection.
John Pegg has just released a new fragrance, Triptych, and I cannot wait to get my hands on it! 
Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig