Thursday 28 October 2021

444 by The Essence Vault

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)


For some reason it has taking me more than weeks to sit down and review no. 444 by The Essence Vault.
It might be my subconscious, because I went on a whole "should I or shouldn't I" rant with myself whether I should support a brand that copies other fragrance houses and their work.

It is no secret how much I love Lost Cherry by Tom Ford, but every time I tried to give it a chance, I was immensely disappointed by the poor longevity and it was not only just Tom Ford's Lost Cherry, but also Bitter Peach and other fragrances that I have tried from the house.

I respect the time and effort it takes to blend and compose a fragrance, which is why I didn't feel proud about caving in and purchasing 444 by The Essence Vault, a dupe of Lost Cherry. However, I do expect a considerable longevity from a fragrance when you invest in an expensive luxury brand like Tom Ford. The products do not deliver and the price tag becomes an absolute insult.

It seems though, that I am not the only one who experiences poor longevity from Lost Cherry, so I did what seemed to be inevitable and purchased a bottle of 444.

~

Whether I am reviewing Lost Cherry or 444 is difficult to say, The Essence Vault has absolutely perfected the blend and it resembles Lost Cherry to a T.
In all sincerity, this review is in regards to no. 444 only.

~

The opening of 444 is an absolutely intoxicating cherry with marzipan filling dipped in just a hint of liquor. It is a perfect balance between sourness and sweetness, a gourmand to the extreme, yet very elegant. 

The cherry note melts into your skin and goes from a fresh and fruity cherry to a sensual lingering hint of cherry with almonds after oxidation.
I cannot stress enough how riveting this fragrance is.
Hours in, running errands at work, I get whiffs of it and relive the amazing blast of boozy cherry. An absolute bliss.

~

I adore this fragrance, as soon as I received my order, I wore it daily for weeks only to alternate with samples of fragrances that I was testing for other reviews.

The question whether this is a want to have fragrance or if it is repurchase-worthy is a given, I made a small dent in my 30 ml bottle and had to invest in a backup of 100 ml immediately after smelling it.





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig