Monday 11 October 2021

A City on Fire by Imaginary Authors

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)


My love for the house of Imaginary Authors is no secret. I am committed to try all of their fragrances and today I finally sat down to review A City on Fire.

This little gem is hefty, so I gave it a try, but did not review it immediately, I had to give it another go.
I have been trying a lot of new fragrances lately and most of them have actually been quite smokey, by pure chance.

~

A City on Fire is as many niche smoke fragrances an amazing venture into an olfactive experience. These fragrances do not only divide noses between like and dislike, but they also evoke different memories.

~

Smoke dominant fragrances always remind me of bonfires, which I for some reason only experienced during summer vacation. These deep and mostly autumnal fragrances give me therefore flashbacks of colder summer nights too.

~

To my surprise, revisiting this fragrance, I find it less smokey than Jezebel by Anka Kuş and Blackmail by Kerosene. It is a more delicate impression of a burning match.
Though unisex, I would prefer A City on Fire on someone masculine, because it is a quite single note fragrance. If it had some undertone of sweetness, I would find it more unisex.

~

Like many Imaginary Authors fragrances, the quality and longevity of the fragrance is amazing. Even after a shower, I could sense a hint of it on my skin.

A City on Fire opens with an intense and almost slightly sour scent of a burning match, after oxidation, the sourness disappears and the fragrance reveals a hint of spicy cardamom and labdanum.
After a little reapplication, there is an immediate scent of almost liquorice cough-sirup. I know I'm not selling this one right, but give it a try, it is a special!

~

The note composition is burnt match, labdanum, juniper, jatamansi, cardamom and wild berries.
I wish I would have gotten the sweeter hints of berries and fresher note of juniper, but unfortunately, A City on Fire is solely a smokey fragrance to me.

This was a wonderful experience, but not a fragrance I would wear.
Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig