Saturday 4 September 2021

Falling Into The Sea by Imaginary Authors

 

Photosource: Ampersand SF

It is no secret how much I love fresh citrus scents, but they have to be done right. As soon as a citrus fragrance is too synthetic, my nose frowns.

Imaginary Authors are one of the best in making fragrances realistic and every note can be detected without a fault, however, I was surprised when I found an old review I had made a while ago of Falling Into the Sea.

~

The sample is the same, but what my nose caught back then was a strong lemon opening. Nothing else. I faulted the fragrance of not having any depth or uniqueness like the other Imaginary Authors perfumes I had tested and I experienced that the oxidation of Falling Into the Sea made it go from a citrus fragrance to that of a soap or candle scent quality one.
To my surprise, that was not at all what I experienced today.

~

Falling Into the Sea has a green opening with a strong citrus appearing quickly. That has not changed. It smells like a mouthwatering lemonade though!
It is a perfect warm and sunny summer holiday fragrance, but I do agree with my prior statement that it does not have the depth and intricacies like other Imaginary Authors perfumes. 
The lemon is, however, perfected like every other note from this fragrance house.

~

On paper, it is a pure gourmand citrus with a little hint of sweetness, not overpowering its freshness. I experience more visions of the sea and the beach when smelling it on paper rather than my skin.

After an hour, the fragrance mellows down to a less tangy citrus. There is a very subtle hint of sweet litchi, which is very endearing.
Falling Into the Sea is a less sweet version of Davana & Vanille Bourbon by 100Bon, which makes sense comparing both note profiles.

~

The composition of Falling Into the Sea is linear and consists of grapefruit, lemon, litchi, exotic floral notes, sand and bergamot.
All the citruses are there in perfect balance. Litchi sneaks in and gives the fragrance some well-rounded sweetness, but I am not getting the hint of warm sand or florals at all.

~

Falling Into the Sea has suddenly found a way with my heart and it is a definite would like to have fragrance.

Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig