Wednesday 11 January 2023

Al Malaki by Yas

 


Arabian Nights One:

I could not pass having Taj by Yas in my collection though the price tag was one of the highest I've ever had to argue with. In the summer time, Taj was an absolute dream enamouring everyone who got a whiff of me. Now, in the colder weather, Taj is less fruity and the pepper note is actually detectable. To read my full review, please revisit my take on Taj, but I wanted to mention how different the scents perform depending on weather - even more than other fragrances. So I will definitely revisit Al Malaki, So Yas and Oud Aquilaria in the summertime too. 

I think I'm going to start off with Al Malaki, a scent that has only two notes stated on Fragrantica - Oud and incense. I am already intimidated.

From first spray, Al Malaki takes me by surprise. It is light, somewhat fresh, and spicy; needless to say, nothing like I imagined it to be. I was expecting a heavy oud too strong for my nose. It reminds me a lot of Whispered Myths by Imaginary Authors, but without the sweet undertone of cantaloupe melon. 
I have to say that Al Malaki isn't my cup of coffee, it isn't a fragrance I would wear, but I am blown away by the quality. It is so smooth, so rich, so elegant and you just know this is a quality you won't find in any ol' perfume. The fragrance is surprisingly not overpowering; despite two generous sprays, it remains welcoming and light. Al Malaki is definitely unisex, but I would love to smell it on a man (I did spray my boyfriend) and it is an absolute dream.
Looking for a clean oud fragrance? Look no further, Al Malaki is thee light oud scent! I am so happy that I stumbled upon Sense Dubai in Warsaw last summer. My take on quality fragrances has reached new levels after experiencing the juices in that store full of art.





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig