Thursday 12 January 2023

Oud Aquilaria by Oman Luxury

 


Arabian Nights Two:

From the house of Oman Luxury I only know Overdose. When visiting Sense Dubai in Warsaw, Nina helped me find the perfect fragrance for me. I said I liked citruses, spices and deep fragrances too, so naturally she presented me Overdose. 

As you might remember, I went with Taj from the house of Yas, but with my order, I received three samples. One was Al Malaki and another was from the house of Oman Luxury, namely Oud Aquilaria.

Oud Aquilaria isn't a fragrance I would reach for myself. The main accords are Aromatic, Warm Spicy, Fruity, Rose and Oud. You already know my stance on rose, but the mix of all the other accords sound very strange to me. Needless to say, I am both excited and frightened. 

Oud Aquilaria opens with a strange combination of a multum of notes. Aromatic and sweet, but also spicy and ambery. Strangely light, both synthetic and gourmand. After dry down, I cannot describe the fragrance other than being fresh like cucumber with a hint of sweetness from tomato. Has my review suddenly become a salad recipe? I usually don't mind aromatic fragrances, but the combination of an aromatic with this type of spicy fruitiness is not done well. In fact, I would actually call this fragrance bad.

I am surprised to see an apple note, but when done badly, I guess it alludes to cucumber. I am looking at all the other notes and I cannot fathom how this could go so poorly. I wouldn't even think there was rose in this scent if it wasn't stated in the notes.

I honestly think I should leave this review for now and revisit Oud Aquilaria when it becomes warmer or at the peak of summer. Considering how differently my Taj performs in Polish melting heat and in the Danish cold winter, it wouldn't be just to judge Oud Aquilaria solely on a rainy, cold January day.






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig