Wednesday 4 January 2023

Angel's Share by Kilian



Angel's Share has been fairly hyped up, if not been one of the most hyped fragrances in my feed. And I have to agree, it does sound delicious, but it is not the first time that fragcom has steered me wrong. Safe to say that I've gotten fragrance trust issues...

Yes, yes and yes. Angel's Share is sweet, boozy and ambery. Is it good? Yeah, from first spray I do understand the appeal, but I am not blown away. For some reason, I've remembered it having a cardamom note, but it doesn't, and the so called spicy accord isn't there either. Well, at least enough for me to call it a spicy fragrance. There is a subtle accord from a beautiful cognac note without harsh ethanol. It is very subdued compared to how people have described it. Maybe I sprayed too little, but I always test samples how I would wear them as a full bottle. That being said, I really do enjoy Angel's Share, but I cannot justify it being 1500DKK. Some fragrances are so good that I gladly become stingy for a while to afford them, this is not it.

After dry down, the fragrance is mostly gone, close to skin, but I can still smell it around me.
It is in moments like this that I have a suspicion that over a year later, my nose is still compromised by Covid.

~

I left my review of Angel's Share back in 2022. Suddenly, I lost track of time and Christmas season swept me off my feet.
I am revisiting the scent again and my take is this. The first spray reveals a sweet and warm praline. There is a delicate hint of something spicy, I think it is supposed to be the cinnamon, but it isn't blatantly obvious. I get a slight hint of cognac too, but nothing about Angel's Share is straight forward. I do like the fragrance, but I am quite underwhelmed, though the notes sound devine.
It is warm, cozy and rich in amber, but next to my BTF by Maison Margiela and MOAT by Imaginary Authors, Angel's Share fades in comparison. 





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig