Thursday 25 November 2021

Delina by Parfums de Marly

Photosource: Scentstore

Since venturing into the community of fragrance enthusiasts and reviewers, Parfums de Marly has been one of the most recurring fragrances in my feed.
I had never heard about this fragrance house prior to that.
The rave had me interested, but the pink, plastic-looking and very feminine bottle design had me doing U-turns avoiding it at all costs.

I was creating my own sample set for purchase and among classics like Baccarat Rouge 540 and Oud for Greatness, I sneaked in Delina, just out of curiosity.

~

Delina by Parfums de Marly is a light and quite fresh floral fragrance. I cannot distinguish any specific notes except rose. To be frank, it is an absolute disappointment. I understand why most people like it, florals are usually pleasing to everyone, but not me, which makes me more critical. What positive words I do have to say about Delina, is that it has a potent longevity and I could smell it on my skin all day. 

~

The opening note is a fresh floral, but the dry down revealed a soap quality to the fragrance that had me smelling like I just had taken a bath with a bar of rose soap. Comically enough, not liquid soap, but a realistic scent of a bar of soap. Oddly specific. Close to the skin, Delina is a little sweeter, but the whiffs I got during the day made me frown in displeasement.

~

I read reviews and searched for the note composition, which to my surprise had many other elements aside from florals, but my nose only caught the smell of a wild rose Walther Rau bar soap. 

~

It is not the first time that I find myself not liking a community favourite, always a trick to be the odd one out, but I stay true to my words and thoughts and Delina will not be revisited by me anytime soon.





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig