Tuesday 23 November 2021

Unforsaken by Kerosene

Photosource: Kerosene


Before publishing any reviews, I ordered a handful of samples of Kerosene fragrances wanting to learn about the niche fragrance house by John Pegg.
I quickly found my favourites, such as Follow and Unknown Pleasures, but Unforsaken seemed to me too common in comparison to all the other fragrances.

Powerful Blackmail, sweet Unknown Pleasures and perfectly gourmand Follow made the floral and delicate Unforsaken fade into the crowd. A couple of days ago I chose to revisit Unforsaken and my opinion has changed immensely.

~

Unforsaken has a fresh opening, yet a bitter rind note keeps the fragrance earthy. It has a very strong resemblance to Monoi eau de Vahines by Yves Rocher; a white floral, sweet and coconutty fragrance. However, comparing the two, they are quite different; Monoi being richer in vanilla and more fruity and Unforsaken smelling rich and more composed. The resemblance makes me detect tiarĂ© in Unforsaken though it's not there.

~

The opening note of Unforsaken is a fresh yuzu with juicy meat and rind. The tiaré is probably a mixture of the orange blossom, jasmine and coconut, but despite the note composition, Unforsaken is not a tropical fragrance.

The dry down reveals a mild citrus, almost undetectable, slight note of vanilla and white floral as the main accord. It is an absolutely beautiful fragrance, warm and enticing, but it lacks that Kerosene character that initially made me love the house.

~

I wore Unforsaken and it had been lingering on my skin all day. It is absolutely wonderful, I get whiffs of it now and again and I have fallen in love with this delicately exotic floral. Unforsaken is a perfect everyday fragrance and as of now, I just have to have it in my collection!






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig