Thursday 27 January 2022

Memoirs of A Trespasser by Imaginary Authors


Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright) 


Memoirs of A Trespasser is already, straight from the bottle, a deliciously warm vanilla. Cosy, warming, but equally daring.
 This fragrance is a true vanilla, it is not too sweet or artificial, but smells like scraping the richest bourbon vanilla out of the vanilla bean. The woodiness of this fragrance induces a vision of a leather Chesterfield coach in a book filled library and a half burnt cigar still burning in a gold ashtray.

~

On paper, bergamot and vanilla open the fragrance hand in hand, whereas on my skin, Memoirs of A Trespasser is dominated by myrrh and benzoin resin, a very strong and spearing duo.
This fragrance is very rich and heavy on skin, not at all as light as it is on paper. I do recommend trying this one with your own skin chemistry. You won't be disappointed!

~

After dry down, Memoirs of A Trespasser becomes a milky, creamy vanilla with a smoked oak undertone. Very different from the sharp opening that also had some burned notes, but not as balanced as after the dry down.
This fragrance has to be worn an hour or so before it fully develops, and when it does... Enjoy the show!

~

What has to be said, is that this fragrance shines in the colder months. I tried it a long time ago and knew I had to have it at some point. Then, late summer this year, I bought it and the spell was broken. I even considered selling it, because I never reached for it, but then the weather became colder, I thought "before you go, I'll review you" and it was love at first sight (well, maybe not completely first, but...). I have worn nothing but Memoirs of A Trespasser for the whole month of December and I struggle to reach for anything else still. An absolute compliment getter, and future addiction to anyone who tries it.





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig