Tuesday 4 January 2022

The Cobra & The Canary by Imaginary Authors

Photosource: Love After Love


The Cobra & The Canary is how far Imaginary Authors can go for me and my love for unisex fragrances. A City On Fire had just enough depth to become sweet on my skin and wearable, whereas The Cobra & The Canary is just too rough for me.
This fragrance is raw and I have been dancing around it for months. 

~

On paper, the fragrance is much lighter and with a delicious lemon note. The hay is noticeable, orris is in focus and tobacco is ever so slightly there too, but on my skin lemon has no presence and the main accord is just rough and masculine.
Luckily orris is detectable on my skin, without it, the fragrance would be wearing me and not me it!

~

To be honest, it is quite difficult to pinpoint any specific notes on my skin. Not something I struggle with with niche fragrances. Usually, Imaginary Authors has very distinct notes in their blends. I have read many reviews saying it smells like wet cement and though I could agree with that, I haven't gotten that impression by myself.
After dry down, the fragrance isn't as overwhelming, but my ongoing headache from the fragrance persisted throughout.

~

The Cobra & The Canary is an experience on paper, I actually like it, but it is very masculine and too much so for me to wear it.
With my skin chemistry, The Cobra & The Canary is a pass, though it hurts to say being such a fan of Imaginary Authors, the two do not speak the same language at all.





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig