Monday 31 January 2022

Cologne Cédrat by Matiere Premiere

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)

A fresh burst of delicious citrus!

Cologne Cédrat is quite masculine from the get go. I do love my citrus fragrances, they are one of my favourite, but the lack of balancing sweetness in this fragrance makes it lean more towards a masculine fragrance. No wonder, the name already suggests it!

Cologne Cédrat is aromatic, spicy and green, but a note plays with my imagination and makes this fragrance quite sexy too. It reminds me of a fragrance I have tried not long ago, it might even be an undertone that I usually find in Imaginary Authors fragrances, but Cologne Cédrat has nowhere near the same uniqueness and quirkiness that Imaginary Authors has. I do appreciate this fragrance's linear composition, though. Simplicity is sometimes the key.

~

On paper, Cologne Cédrat is far more fresh and invigorating. It almost smells like vervain. It remains just as delicious after dry down and oxidation, whereas on skin, the fragrance loses its masculine and spicy quality. 

~

Immediately after spraying Cologne Cédrat on myself, I reached for my partner's wrist, I just had to smell it on a man. On him, the fragrance is deep and remains masculine. No questions asked, this little sample is his!

~

My first experience with a Matiere Premiere fragrance has me very excited for the fragrances ahead! Cologne Cédrat is a wonderful aromatic citrus that performs best on the masculine side.






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig