Tuesday 1 February 2022

Encens Suave by Matiere Premiere

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)

The next in line in my voyage through the sample set from Matiere Premiere is Encens Suave. This fragrance has been one of the most reviewed from Matiere Premiere and after weeks of seeing it around, I am finally able to experience it myself. So how did my rendezvous go?

~

From the get go, Encens Suave opens with a rich incense fragrance. Warm, spicy and mystical. Quite linear, as was Cologne Cedrát, and I am missing some of the notes. Encens Suave has a warm amber sweetness, but I do not detect vanilla at all, neither coffee. On my skin, the fragrance is a perfectly blended incense perfume. 

On paper, the fragrance is expectedly fresher and lighter, but has a sour undertone too. Labdanum is far more detectable, but I do prefer it with my skin chemistry. 

After dry down, both on skin and paper, Encens Suave does not change all that much. It is quite endearing actually, that you get what you get, no surprises.

~

Some hours in, vanilla has crept into the forefront on my skin. I got whiffs of Encens Suave here and there, a wonderful mix of incense and vanilla. Absolutely gorgeous! Something about this fragrance is leathery without the leather and reminds me of Decisions, Decisions by Imaginary Authors. It has the same sour undertone (who remembers the pickle debacle?).

~

Encens Suave is very nice, but I am left with the same feeling as with Cologne Cédrat - is this fragrance unique enough for me to add to my collection? Don't get me wrong, if I had the money, I definitely would, but I am very cautious of which fragrances I invest in and Encens Suave I just about can live without. My smokey vanilla needs are satiated by Memoirs of a Trespasser by Imaginary Authors, but in due time, I could see myself indulge in a bottle of this mesmerising scent.






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig