Monday 21 February 2022

Parisian Musc by Matiere Premiere

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)


So, after a longer unplanned hiatus I have gone ahead and continued my venture through the Matiere Premiere discovery set.

This time I am sampling Parisian Musc. 
With a soapy and floral opening, I cannot distinguish whether that was on paper or on my skin - Parisian Musc opens with a burst of fragrance! The scent spread all around me and gave an impression of a feminine, sweet and flirty fragrance.

After some oxidation, I can finally smell what's what. Musk is definitely in the forefront on my skin, but there is also a clear note of something floral, a bitter one of some sorts.

On paper, Parisian Musc is considerably sweeter and much more soap-like, so I do prefer it on my skin. However, I have discovered that I have ambroxan blindness, which inevitably affects how I interpret the smell. 

~

Parisian Musc is lovely, but not as charismatic as was Encens Suave or Santal Austral. This fragrance captures perfectly the parisienne vibe, which is what also makes me think of Parisienne by YSL when I smell it.

Though not similar, they convey the same story - walking down a cobble street in knee-high boots on a spring day towards a park in Paris. However, the story is short lived, Parisian Musc is not a perfume of longevity, it only remains as a sweet scent close to the skin.

~

This fragrance continues my baffled voyage through the Matiere Premiere perfumes. These fragrances are loved and admired by many, but Parisian Musc joins the they-are-lovely-but-not-wow-effect along with all the other fragrances I have tried from this house (Cologne Cedrát just about manages to jump up from that crowd and wave a hello, still remembered by me as a great fresh scent for spring).







Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig