Thursday 3 February 2022

Santal Austral by Matiere Premiere


Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)


Santal Austral is fresh, yet buttery on paper. It is very light and begs for the season to turn into spring! Iris is quite elusive, sometimes it's all I can smell, sometimes the fragrance fuses into a tonka and sandalwood mixture.

On skin, Santal Austral leads with sandalwood. The fragrance is much woodier than on paper and has a powdery note. Iris is not detectable, but tonka bean slowly emerges after dry down.

~

Something about Matiere Premiere perfumes is so wonderful, yet I am not becoming addicted to any of them. I am halfway through the sample set and I have yet to fall completely in love with one of the fragrances. Enough for it to become a need-to-have.

~

After dry down, Santal Austral is milky, light, buttery, yet fresh on paper. On my skin, the fragrance has become a sweeter, buttery amber, very endearing. I should be craving having this perfume in my collection, but I can be without. This seems to be the recurring theme with Matiere Premiere. Have any of you had the same experience?

~

I gave this fragrance a few more goes than the others - something about it speaks to me and I really want to become addicted to it. I could smell it on my clothes for days, but Santal Austral remains as if just a memory when I think of it. It has elements of Baccarat Rouge 540, but I have become blind to that precious fragrance and Santal Austral replicates what my nose picks up quite eerily so.






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig