Friday 28 January 2022

Amyris Femme Extrait by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Photosource: The Velvet Life


Amyris Femme Extrait is the second fragrance from the house of Maison Francis Kurkdjian that I have tried. Though my expectations weren't high because of the scent profile of this fragrance, I had some expectations considering the status of this luxury house. The fact that Baccarat Rouge 540 was the first fragrance from MFK I had tried, my expectations were somewhat elevated for sure.

~

Amyris Femme Extrait opens with a sour yet light floral note. I get hints of iris and the sourness must be some kind of citrus. The composition is nice, yet boring, in my opinion. I do hope I'm not offending anyone, but I've never been a fan of florals and my expectations for a MFK fragrance are high.
The fragrance is quite ordinary, I cannot imagine many disliking it, which makes it even more uninteresting to me, but at the same time I image that it's one of its appeals. No toes will be stepped on with this one.

~

This fragrance reminds me a lot of how I remember Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne smelling like and even Mon Evidence by Yves Rocher. However, Mon Evidence is more delicious and unique for a fraction of the expense.

Something about Amyris Femme Extrait is quite aquatic and hints at a resemblance of an air refresher. On paper, the fragrance is actually more pleasant. It remains lighter and with hints of conference pear, sweet and fresh. On my skin, the fragrance becomes deeper and with a soapy undertone. This fragrance might be more suited for Spring. But alas, I won't be revisiting it, it just isn't for me.

~

Amyris Femme Extrait is, however, very beautifully presented in its glass bottle and light pink fluid, and the eau de parfum is even prettier!
I'm happy I received a sample of this fragrance with one of my orders, but florals, no matter how high end, will never have a chance with me, I guess.






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig