Wednesday 19 June 2024

Cockatiel by Zoologist

Source: Lulua.


Hi, hello...

Remember me? I don't either... Since I last posted, so much has happened that I don't even know where to begin reviving this blog.

To my surprise, I have gained some followers during my hiatus, so thank you - and to you all who kept following me, THANK YOU!

My love for perfumes never faded, but I suddenly didn't have any time to try, write notes, and review perfumes, as I did before. Since my last post, I have accumulated more than a hundred samples. I have also bought many new perfumes that never got their time to shine as a "new in".

I won’t dwell any further, as my blog can have limitless characters, but Instagram cannot, but I’m happy to be back. As mentioned, I have a million samples to try, among others, the long-awaited fragrances from Zoologist. Can you believe, I haven’t yet tried any of their scents? 
The amount of juice they sell now-a-day in a sample is abysmal – I am lucky if I manage to make a coherent review of them at all.

First on the list from Zoologist is Cockatiel – a fruity, powdery and sweet-woody fragrance. Notes of rhubarb, raspberry, champagne, cashmeran, gaiac wood, musk and vanilla, sound mouthwatering! I am loving the fruity and fizzy scents like On A Date and Remarkable People. So how did it go?

With the very few drops in the sample, I have only sprayed one wrist. To my surprise, Cockatiel is very sweet and not that fruity, if at all. I don’t get any tartness from rhubarb, no fruitiness from the raspberry, forget about fizziness from champagne! All I get, is a powdery sweet fragrance, balancing on being juvenile. I get a hint, just a smidge, of patchouli in the base.
I sprayed my wrist one more time, twice, and stuck my nose in, to really experience the scent. That was a mistake. I might as well have stuck my nose into a pickle jar!
Sour, plasticy, bitterly floral. I cannot get the scent of playdough out of my nose, and the fragrance I experienced before, though not perfect, is very missed now!

Not off to a great start coming back, huh?






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig