Friday 28 June 2024

Poets of Berlin by Vilhelm Parfumerie



Yet again, I was influenced by Anne Lauren. She is, and has been, one of the very few influencers, who make me do blind buys even though I should know better by now. She has never steered me wrong (perhaps only once), but the second time had to come at some point. Unfortunately, that day has arrived with Poets of Berlin.

First off, I have been hunting down retailers of Vilhelm Parfumerie, to try their scents, but even though I found Galilu in Warsaw, they didn't have Poets. I did, however, fall in love with Mango Skin. So, I put Poets to rest.
Lately, I've been selling out fragrances that I don't wear, and when I tell you that I hit "purchase" as soon as I got notified that Poets was being sold second hand in a 10 ml bottle... I honesty didn't even check if I could get it cheaper anywhere else (luckily, I did). So, it finally arrived after two weeks of waiting (one con about second hand shopping, not everyone ships the next day). Aaaand, well, I am glad that I have it in my collection, no regrets, but I am very happy that it's only 10 ml.

Poets, from first spray, reminds me of one of my latest purchases, Ajayeb Dubai Portrait, which was actually a blind buy too (you live and you.. don't learn). Ajayeb was a succes, whereas Poets has a quality that makes it bad. So, Poets has the same exact opening of fruitiness as Ajayeb. It is actually uncanny, how similar they are. Ajayeb has a more warm and tropical fruitiness (think Lamar), whereas Poets is more stinging. Sour. Almost bitter. I do not, for the life of me, get blueberries. Neither the smell of them, the illusion of them or a representation of how blueberries taste. My Ajayeb has not macerated yet, so it might smell different in a month or two, but at this moment Ajayeb and Poets are sisters, not quite twins, but definitely sisters.

You know me, I spray, smell, then write. I've been writing this review based on the fragrance on my wrists. I just sprayed it behind my ears and... The opening notes were completely different! On my wrists it has become greener, up in the air, it is sweeter and fruitier. It might be a slightly stuffy nose, but after complete dry down, Poets and Ajayeb are just too uncanny. This review is long enough, but I think I'll do a review with the two fragrances on each wrist.





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig